Predisposing factors, causes and triggers in arthritis
· Age: Rheumatoid arthritis can occur at any age. This is true also of infectious arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis. Degenerative arthritis is more common in each older age group.
· Sex: Gout is more prevalent in males, osteoporosis in females. Virus arthritis is seen most often in children.
· Weight: Obesity is closely associated with osteoarthritis, particularly of the weight bearing joints - hips and knees.
· Stress: Commonly found to be a factor in the onset of rheumatoid arthritis, probably related to adrenal depletion.
· Diet and Nutrition: Now being recognized as important keys in the solution of resistance to disease, susceptibility to infections, and tools for the physician to use in treatment.
· Other associations between arthritis and the excesses or deficiencies in the lifestyle of the patients may be evident. Each one is an opportunity for the conscientious and caring physician to develop a plan of treatment based on the particular findings and needs in that patient.
You are invited to visit our related sites:-
Chi Kung – various Qi Gong methods
Meditation – various meditation methods
Yellow Bamboo – Balinese mysticism, healing, physical and psychic protection
Healing - various healing methods
Spiritual Realms –articles on spiritual matters
Written by John Chow,
a practitioner of Chinese medicine,
acupuncturist, masseur, healer and teacher of martial arts and spiritual paths
For further information on this article, please contact John Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information provided above is for general reference only. Although the author(s) has attempted to be as thorough as possible in compiling the information in this article(s), no legal responsibility nor liability is accepted for any errors or omissions. The information is presented for educational purposes only. Please refer any medical matter to your doctor before acting on any health-related information.